Half Day Skyrail & Train Info
HALF DAY KURANDA, SKYRAIL & TRAINCairns Tours offers this late departure Kuranda tour combining Skyrail Cableway and the famous Scenic Rail.
Skyrail Up, Train Down
- Departs Daily with Return Hotel Transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches
- Hotel pick-up from 11:45am - 12:15pm
- Coach transfer to Skyrail Smithfield Terminal
- Skyrail departs at 12:30pm
- Red Peak & Barron Falls Boardwalks
- Approx 1.5 hours free time in Kuranda
- Kuranda Scenic Rail at 3:30pm
- Coach Transfer from Freshwater Train Station back to hotel departing at 5pm
Kuranda Boarding Pass
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: After check-in at Skyrail Smithfield where you board for the 1.5hr journey to Kuranda. There are 2 stops enroute to explore Red Peak and Barron Falls Rainforest Boardwalks.
Kuranda Village: Free time is allowed to explore this quaint village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily.
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At your scheduled time, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for your 1.5hr journey to Freshwater Station. Upon arriving at Freshwater Station, our coach will transfer you to your accommodation.
OPTIONAL UPGRADES (Additional Cost)
Gold Class Kuranda Scenic Rail provides a premium experience for passengers wanting that extra comfort and a little bit of luxury for a most memorable experience. Gold Class includes:
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee & Daintree Tea
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines & Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Kuranda Wildlife Experience includes entry to the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. You will have access to all three attractions at a great saving off the normal admission price! Alternatively, you can book entry only to each attraction.
The Djabugay Aboriginal Guided Tour at Barron Falls provides a fascinating insight into the Aboriginal history, language, culture, stories and traditions of the indigenous rainforest people through a personalised, small group [maximum 10 guests] on a 40 minute guided walking tour through the rainforest. Walk in the footsteps of the Djabugay people on our natural rainforest trails.
Half Day Skyrail & Train Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 7 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.