Reef, Kuranda Train, Skyrail Info
Two Outer Reef destinations on Evolution followed by a day trip to Kuranda with Kuranda Train and Skyrail including return hotel transfers:
Day 1: Full Day Outer Reef - Evolution, 5 hours snorkelling at the Reef, 2 spectacular Outer Reef locations; modern lounges to relax in comfort; Full length sundeck; Aussie BBQ lunch; FREE tea and coffee; FREE glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter; Live music entertainer and friendly experienced crew.
Day 2: This adventure includes; Historical train journey to Kuranda's famous markets and village, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience in a comfortable six person gondola over World Heritage listed rainforest; Skyrail ranger guided boardwalk tour; entry to Interpretation Centre; views from three lookouts over Barron Falls. Includes return transfers (excluding Yorkeys Knob, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach.)
The tours in this package do not need to be taken on consecutive days, please advise if you have preferred dates of travel. All tours depart daily.
What makes it great?
- Brand new Evolution luxury Reef vessel
- Excellent Value for money
- Visit 2 Outer Reef locations
- Kuranda Scenic Rail & Skyrail
- Explore the World Heritage Rainforest
DAY ONE:Outer Barrier Reef Cruise - Evolution
Be one of the first guests on the new $5 million catamaran - Evolution!!
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra-spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
What makes it Great?
- BRAND NEW
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 150 passengers - plenty of space
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:15am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.15am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi-Submersible tour $10 if pre-booked
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Certified Dive Guide
- Wetsuits for Snorkelers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli ride at Hastings Reef
- Heli flights
To experience the reef from a different perspective, why not take a Helicopter flight over Hastings Reef ! This is available from the Outer Reef Heli pad on the day, due to limited seats please pre book your flight. Click here for Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW**
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of on-board medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Diving minimum age is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
Multi-lingual staff members: Evolution does have Chinese crew members on this vessel year round. Please request this option when booking so that we can make sure the staff member is working on your day of travel. DAY TWO:
DAY TWO:Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail
Includes return Hotel Transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches. Pickups commence around 7:45am and return back to your accommodation 5pm approx.
Inclusions & Highlights:
- 7:15am - 8am approx - Hotel pick-up
- 8.45am - Kuranda Scenic Rail from Freshwater Station
- Free time in Kuranda
- 2.15pm - Return by Skyrail from Kuranda
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- 4pm - Transfer to hotel
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your journey to Kuranda. The Journey takes 1 1/2 hours from Freshwater station.
Kuranda Village: There is plenty of free time in Kuranda for you to explore the village. The markets are open 7 days a week, giving you the chance to see the local arts and crafts and pick up a souvenir!
The attractions are many and varied including Birdworld, The Butterfly Sanctuary and the Koala Gardens. You could also enjoy a river cruise or enjoy lunch in one of the many cafes or restaurants in the village (extra charges). You can pre-book and save with the Kuranda Wildlife Experience package.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your journey to Smithfield. There are 2 stops en-route to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks. The Journey takes 1hr.15mins
After arriving at Skyrail Smithfield, your coach will transfer you back to your hotel.
Please Note: Not Included are entrance fees into the attractions in Kuranda or lunch.
Very friendly staff. Excellent trip only thing is more options for kids with regards to food.
Posted By Christine Davies
Want to do it again
the staff were friendly and very helpful, the reef was magical to see i could of spent longer though overall woiuld like to do it again. Kuranda was a different place like stepping back in time slightly people were very nice
Posted By Deanne Jim
Reef, Kuranda Train, Skyrail Rates
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 March 2020
|2 Day Evolution/ Train + Skyrail||Adult||Children||Family||Enquire|
|LAST MINUTE - 2 Day Evolution & Kuranda Train/ Skyrail||$280
|2 Day Evolution & Kuranda Train/ Skyrail||$284
Prices valid from Prices valid from now until 31 March 2020
|1 x Intro Dive||$50|
|Gold Class Upgrade||$49|
|Northern Beaches Hotel Transfers for reef tour||$23|
|1 x Intro Dive||$50|
Child age = 4 - 14 years old
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.