Kuranda & Reef Combo
BRAND NEW EVOLUTION - 2 REEF LOCATIONS
2 MAGNIFICENT REEF LOCATIONS
ALL SNORKELLING GEAR
KURANDA SCENIC RAIL & SKYRAIL
FREE TIME IN KURANDA VILLAGE
Kuranda & Reef Combo Info
2 DAY PACKAGE - OPTION 5:
EVOLUTION OUTER BARRIER REEF LUXURY CRUISE
+ RETURN SKYRAIL
or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Enjoy 2 different reef destinations in a day followed by a rainforest experience to Kuranda on the famous Skyrail Cableway and the option to upgrade at an extra cost to include the Kuranda Train.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
Brand New Evolution Reef Cruise:
- Full day luxury reef cruise
- 2 reef locations
- Snorkel equipment
- BBQ lunch
- Wine & cheese on cruise home
- Skyrail Cableway
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- Kuranda Scenic Train journey, as an optional upgrade cost
DAY 1: EVOLUTION - OUTER BARRIER REEF TRIP:
Be one of the first guests on the new $5 million catamaran - Evolution!!
Evolution offers the ultimate passenger experience with the class and style of a motor yacht.
This ultra spacious and comfortable vessel features seating and decks over 3 levels. Large well glazed interior spaces on the main and upper deck include a mix of booth configuration seating. The upper deck also has a VIP room for 10. Enjoy oversized outdoor decks in the sunshine with sunlounges. A choice of outdoor seating areas fitted with comfortable lounges and well protected from the sun.
Fold-down platforms encircle the aft end of the vessel providing ample comfortable and safe access to the water.
Evolution is quick, taking only 80 minutes to get to the Outer Reef. With less travel time, you’ll spend more time at the Reef!
Evolution travels to two different reef destinations. Norman & Saxon in the morning and Hastings Reef in the afternoon. There are no islands and no pontoons. The Outer Reef is spectacular!
Reef sites are chosen on the day to ensure the best protection and underwater visibility according to weather conditions. Expect to see spectacular coral formations and masses of brilliantly coloured fish.
What makes it Great?
- BRAND NEW
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 Hours on the Outer Barrier Reef
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Live on-board entertainment on return journey
- Maximum 150 passengers - plenty of space
- Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal Cairns, from 07:30am at the Down Under Cruise & Dive counter
- Boarding commences at 08:00am for an 08:20am departure
- This trip returns to Cairns at approx 4:45pm.
- Hotel Transfers are not included but can be booked for an additional fee
- 5 hours spent visiting 2 outer reef locations
- Snorkelling gear and flotation devices
- FREE guided snorkelling tours
- FREE 10 min scuba dive demonstration - (charges apply if you proceed)
- Aussie BBQ lunch including steak, fish, prawns, sausages and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for)
- FREE tea, coffee and biscuits, complimentary glass of wine, cheese and fruit platter on return journey
- Environmental Management Charge $20
- 7.30am Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, commence boarding at 8:00am
- 8.20am Departs Daily
- 9:50am Approximate arrive Norman OR Saxon Reef
- 3 hours to play, Snorkel Tour, sunbathe & relax, Aussie BBQ Lunch is served
- 12: 20pm Depart for Hastings Reef
- 12:30pm Arrive Hastings Reef
- 2 hours to play, Snorkel
- 4:45pm Returns back into Cairns
- Hotel transfers
- Semi-Submersible tour
- Intro/Certified Diving
- Certified Dive Guide
- Wetsuits for Snorkelers and Intro Divers $10 (included for cert divers)
- Lycra Suits $10
- On-board purchases - drinks, snacks, underwater camera
- Heli ride at Hastings Reef
- Heli flights
To experience the reef from a different perspective, why not take a Helicopter flight over Hastings Reef ! This is available from the Outer Reef Heli pad on the day, due to limited seats please pre book your flight. Click here for Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW**
- Be aware snorkelling & diving may be a strenuous activity - All snorkelling & diving are subject to completion of onboard medical questionnaire /declaration.
- A history of asthma, diabetes, ear, epilepsy, heart, pregnancy, recent operations and other medical conditions and medications may preclude a passenger from diving. Please discuss existing medical conditions with staff prior to travel. Or if in doubt, please visit your local dive doctor to get a medical clearance.
- Diving minimum age is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years
- Certified divers must show an internationally recognised scuba card.
- In the interests of safety we recommend no flying within 24hours of last dive.
- All trips/dives are weather permitting at captains/drivers discretion- No refund for incomplete dives.
- Should a trip be cancelled passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a full refund
- Semi sub will operate subject to weather conditions.
What to Bring:
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Change of clothes
- Swimmers and towel
- Cash or credit card
- Scuba Certification for Cert divers
Multi-lingual staff members: Evolution does have Chinese crew members on this vessel year round. Please request this option when booking so that we can make sure the staff member is working on your day of travel.
DAY 2: RETURN SKYRAIL or SKYRAIL & TRAIN
Included in your day:
Return hotel transfers (except for self drive option)
Return Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Kuranda Village and markets
Or One way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Rail upgrade
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway:
Glide over and through the pristine rainforest canopy in a 6 person gondola.
Enjoy panoramic views on this amazing 7.5km journey.
Gondolas leave the station continuously; bookings are allocated in 15 minute intervals
2 rainforest mid-stations (Barron Falls and Red Peak)
One-way Skyrail Experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Allow 2½ hours for a return experience.
Skyrail operates daily from 9am to 5.15pm with the last departure scheduled for 3.30pm.
Skyrail is open every day of the year except Christmas Day.
Your Skyrail experience will commence or conclude at either Smithfield or Kuranda, depending on your direction of travel.
Smithfield Terminal located just 15 minutes from Cairns city and 50 minutes from Port Douglas. Provides a convenient embarkment or disembarkment point and is conveniently serviced by regular coach transfer pick-ups. Self-drive passengers will also find Skyrail's location easily accessible with free car parking.
Red Peak Station: Complimentary ranger-guided boardwalk tours are available throughout the day. Interpretive signage and lookout.
Barron Falls: Spectacular views of the Barron Gorge and Barron Falls via three viewing platforms; Skyrail-CSIRO Interpretation Centre; historical pioneering displays.
Kuranda Terminal is located a short walk from the famous village of Kuranda the ‘Village in the Rainforest’ has numerous attractions including a butterfly sanctuary, a colourful bird aviary, koala park, walking tracks and a diverse range of markets, shops, cafes and restaurants. Depending on your travelling time on Skyrail, we recommend allowing yourself two to three hours in Kuranda which will give you enough time to explore and have some lunch / refreshments.
KURANDA UPGRADES (extra cost):
Kuranda Scenic Railway:
The famous Kuranda Scenic Railway was built over 100 years ago and winds its way through the tropical mountain ranges between Cairns and Kuranda.
The train departs at 8:30am and 9:30am from Cairns Central Station, 8:45am and 9:45am from Freshwater Station and 2pm and 3:30pm from Kuranda Station. Allow 1.5 hours for this journey.
Train Gold Class:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Diamond View (glass floor) Gondolas not only provide guests with amazing panoramic views of the rainforest canopy, tropical landscape and Coral Sea, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down at the treetops through to the forest floor. Maximum of 5 people and an average waiting time of 7 minutes.
Good value for money.
Brilliant two days. Good value for money. Organised efficiently - everything went without a hitch.
Posted By Sheree Hopkins
had a great time
It was exactly what was advertised no hidden extras, no stress had a great time!
Posted By Debbie Graefe
Absolutely mind blowing experience. Staff were amazing and brilliant in there roles. Would definitely do this again and recommend this to everyone.
Posted By Sarah Smith
Very friendly staff. Excellent trip only thing is more options for kids with regards to food.
Posted By Christine Davies
G'day Gene just wanted to thank you for recommending Down Under Cruise and Dive's Evolution what a beautiful, comfortable well equipped vessel. We had a fantastic day, staff were fantastic friendly helpful funny knowledgeable and professional food was great and there was a lot of it. Snorkeling was great despite the conditions being less than perfect we will be back in the future and will definately consider going out on Evolution again and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. All in all fantastic day and thank you again for your assistance. Regards Gavin and Lynne.
Sent from my iPhone
Posted By Gavin North
Beautiful vessel staff were fantastic great food and lots of it despite less than perfect conditions snorkeling was great good atmosphere great entertainment on return trip and beer and wine very reasonably priced overall very happy and great value for money we will be back. Booked through travstar and Gene made everything easy and stress free and would recommend travstar and Evolution to anyone.
Posted By Gavin North
Posted By Tracy Ah Sam
Great day in kuranda
I grew up in Cairns but have luve interstate for 20 years. I was impressed by the respect shown to the guests and clarity of suggestions ti have a safe and happy day.
Posted By Christine Crump
Secrets in Kuranda
Fantastic day, best to go up on the train and down on the skyrail because of the amazing views. Only found the best hidden markets late in the day. They are hidden down the side of the hill and fascinating!!!
Posted By B White
Train & Skyrail a must do
From the moment we were picked up in the luxury coach transport (CLEAN, nice comfy seats, seatbelts, friendly driver) we had the most wonderful experience. The driver explained our day and let us know where the next steps were. All the staff on the skyway were approachable and interacted with us. The views are spectacular. And the return trip by rail with bus transfers was without any hassle.
Posted By Debra Lee
We booked this trip very last minute and I found the process to be painless and very easy my end. Communication was fantastic from the time we booked online and continued once arriving and waiting for the bus. A lovely, friendly lady greeted us and likewise, the bus driver was friendly with a great sense of humour. Thank you for a great day.
Posted By Anna Shaw
Fabulous views from train and Skyrail
Fabulous views from train and Skyrail. Enjoyed historical commentary about construction of railway.
Plenty of room to sit in both train and gondola.
Posted By Yvonne Fisk
Great customer service & very helpful
Great customer service and very helpful with our requests.
Posted By Anon
Very good service
We had a great day up on the train and back on the Skyrail, very good service. Best to go this way round because the Skyrail goes all the time and we were an hour later than the time we booked and didnt matter. There are 2 trains back so you have to be there that time.
Posted By Dianne Huband
Loved the Skyrail trip, and the ease of getting off at the mid stations to explore, and getting back on again. Definitely recommend.
Posted By Kim Cooper
Family day out
Very good and fun for all family
Posted By Cesar Carreno
Lovely journey with fantastic scenery
Posted By Carolanne Benson
Worth the Upgrade
We had a great time and enjoyed the gold service train ride up to kuranda. We upgraded our tickets to diamond class on the way down and it was a magical experience
Posted By Marilyn Holland
The Skyrail down was amazing and a lovely scenic experience.
Posted By Merle and Gin
Excellent service from the Skyrail.
Posted By Jayan Panwala
Amazing day. Did the skyrail to Kuranda and return as the train was not operational. Will definately be doing it again.
Posted By Andrea West
We enjoyed our day
We enjoyed our day. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The transfers were on time and well organised. We enjoyed kuranda and will definitley return.
Posted By Neri Harp
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.